SUMMIT POLICIES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS
REGISTRATION AGREEMENT / WAIVER
By submitting a registration to any SUMMIT ELITE DANCE CHALLENGE INC. event, you are agreeing to all policies, terms, and conditions stated in full.
In consideration of a studio or school being permitting to participate in this event, the owner / director hereby takes action for themselves, their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, clients, dancer, members, and assigns as follows: (A) Waive, release, and discharge from any and all liability for death, disability personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to participants, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: SUMMIT ELITE DANCE CHALLENGE INC., and their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives and agents, the event sponsors and event volunteers, event facilities and their staff, (B) indemnify and hold harmless all entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of my actions during this event.
The studios / schools understand that at this event or related activities may be photographed and agree to allow photo, video, or film of all participants to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and/or assigns.
Early registration rebate is offered for entries received and paid for by early registration deadlines. Each competition day has a maximum number of entries that will be accepted. Entries will be accepted in the order that they are received. Late fees apply for all account balances not paid by February 1 of the event season. By submitting your entries, you have SOLD spots and are responsible for payment of those spots accordingly.
Registrations are accepted via our website registration portal only. No faxed entries will be accepted. No paper entries will be accepted. $25.00 returned cheque fee. All registrations submitted are final and non-refundable. Once your registration has been submitted, it is a binding agreement in which you are responsible for all registration dues and late fees. Due to the significant costs of planning and running each event, NO refunds for withdrawals for any reason are accepted.
- Contestants must be in the building and ready to perform 30 minutes prior to their estimated performance time.
- SUMMIT and the host facility are not held responsible for personal injury or property loss/damage to contestants and spectators.
- All teachers and contestants agree that the manner and method of judging will be solely the discretion of the judging panel. Results for each competition will be available to the studio online.
- Special microphones and sound equipment is not allowed. No lighting requests will be taken.
- NO COACHING from anywhere by anyone during the performance. This will be enforced and points will be deducted.
- No refunds will be given for any reason. Credits for injuries may be provided with a doctors note. Please see FAQs page on our website for more info.
- Studios are solely responsible for any damages to non-owned property or financial losses occurring from a result of breach of agreement.
- SUMMIT reserves the right to reduce the amount of competition days depending on # of registration. Contestants must compete on their designated day.
- All dancers and teachers are expected to display good sportsmanship. Failure to do so will result in immediate disqualification with no refunds.
- All cash awards will be awarded to the studio owner only.
- For the protection of the dancers, there should be no cameras or video equipment of any kind being used in the changing areas. This includes cell phones and tablets.
- SUMMIT does not discriminate; however, we do reserve the right to refuse entry into the competition as a competitor or spectator, to any group or individual who has been deemed unsportsmanlike by our staff. Anyone displaying unsportsmanlike behavior during the event will immediately be asked to leave the facility and no refunds will be issued.
At SUMMIT we fully understand the complexities of studios choosing their dance competitions each season. If the rare occasion arises that an event has insufficient registrations to run, we provide notification to studios as early as possible and no later than December 31st. At this time, full refunds are issued within 5 days. Summit is not responsible for travel or accommodation costs incurred by individuals travelling in the event of a cancellation.
"Acts of God" or Circumstances Outside Our Control: An "Act of God" is defined in legal term for events outside of human control, severe weather conditions or other natural disasters, for which no one can be held responsible. Additional circumstances outside of our control are; but not limited to, mass bacterial infections or communicable diseases, and acts of terrorism. The competition may be forced to cancel or postpone do to the described. In this case SUMMIT is not liable for any loss resulting to the participants. The competition will make all reasonable effort to replace the event by arranging an alternative date. The competition does not refund participants for postponed or cancelled events due to acts of god or circumstances outside of our control.